The GPIAN project, carried out in 2018 together with a Food Transport Cooperative, led to the creation of a transport order planning software through a fluid, agile, extremely intuitive and effective user interface on various PCs equipped with 2 24 '' monitors, through which it is possible for several users to simultaneously create, modify and displace orders in digital format using drag-and-drop technology, as they are received through the usual company channels (mainly telephone and email), simultaneously viewing the slots planning of several days of work.
For each order it is possible to plan the necessary trips, assign them to the means of transport actually available in that territory, indicate the specifications required for the product
All this was once done on paper tables filled with lots of information during the working day, and the consequences of the dematerialization of paper travel planning sheets are mainly:
- simultaneous operation of 3 or more operators who manage constantly updated data without getting in the way and passing through bulky paper tables,
- speed and precision in identifying the carriers actually available in the various territories,
- speed of planning and re-planning of variants and order residues,
- transfer of the travel order plan to the pre-invoicing management system, with a drastic reduction in travel typing time.
- automatic calculation of the Km and turnover expected for each leg of each trip, eliminating the inevitable errors of manual operation.
Does your company also deal with advanced logistics? Does your company also transport food or perishable goods? Contact us to evaluate together the benefits that the GPIAN solution will bring to your business.